Knickerbocker Partition Corp. is a manufacturer of toilet partitions. The company was founded in 1951 and was one of the oldest manufacturers of commercial restroom partitions worldwide. The company was started in the Chelsea section of New York City by Nathan Greenman, a Hungarian immigrant entrepreneur who had a knack for seeing the need of a product and taking the next step in producing it. The company quickly moved to 91 Lorimer Street, Brooklyn. Succession of ownership occurred in 1960 bringing two employees together in partnership that lasted until 1987 when Joe Abbate passed away after a long battle with cancer. The partners fulfilled a dream by building a new manufacturing plant on the south shore of western Long Island, moving the company to its present location: 193 Hanse Ave., Freeport, NY in 1969. David Markbreiter remained at the helm of the company playing an integral part in its expansion and its day to day operation until his retirement in June 2007. Succession of ownership passed to the three Markbreiter children in the early 1990’s. Stewart Markbreiter assumed the role of president upon the passing of his father. In January 2018 the Markbreiter family sold the assets of Knickerbocker Partition Corp. to Karp Associates of Melville, NY. Stewart Markbreiter remains as General Manager. The company was located down the street from All American Metal, another manufacturer of toilet partitions.